Monday, July 26, 2010

The Dreaded Topic

So I'm not just getting started looking for a topic.   I've been looking... and looking.... and looking.... 

Well you get the idea.  Pinning down the actual topic has become a huge chore.  I know areas that I like but coming up with something specific has been tough.  I've talked with my adviser about this several times and while he's helpful... I'm drawing a blank.     I have read literature, I have thought about what I like,   I have looked at other dissertations, and I've talked to friends.     I'm on a time limit to finish (May of 2011) so I'm getting very nervous about this... and I'm sure that doesn't help.

Areas of interest are:
  • Computational Literacy for adults
  • Team / Organizational Learning 
  • Learning Styles -- do they really make a difference ?  
  • Motivation and Learning.     
  • Generational learning -- does the Net Generation really learn differently ?    
Well those are a few to get going.    I've done some background research in most of these areas but haven't come up with a specific study.    Ideas are always welcome on this site!!     

No comments:

Post a Comment